Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

InDaZone Clan Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Three major types of Religion, where are you?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowl Is Forever

Bowl Is Forever

Three major types of Religion, where are you? Empty
PostSubject: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 am

There are three different types of religions/views, they are:

Atheist - There is no God
Pantheism - God is everything and everyone
Theist - There is a God and he observes and rules over us

Examples of each major religion/view.

Atheist - Humanist, Evoulutionist
Panthiesm - Hindu, Buddist
Theist - Christianity, Muslim

I believe you have to chose one becuase of the Absolute Truth Theory.
The Absolute Truth Theory means that there is only one right and everything else is wrong.
No two absolute views can both be right if they oppose each other. This theory is widely accepted and used in our culture.

Now with that said, I believe in Christianity. I do not believe that all sects of Christianity are true though.
There are plenty of Christians, imo, that are false in what they teach and practice. I choose Christianity because of the scientific, theologic proof, and my faith. I believe in what the Bible says, not necessarily what man teaches. I believe that a lot of people buy into other branches of my faith due to the fact that they are mislead. I could sit here and break down all the other branches and some of their faults, but I'm not going to waste my breath at this point. Remember this is an open forum, all views and debates are acceptable. I will not allow any flaming or bashing though. So, basically, respect people's view whether you agree or not.

Last edited by Bowl Is Forever on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/idzbowl.html
iDz Blitz

iDz Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:50 pm

I, myself, am a atheist. I believe in the big bang and evolution. I just think with all the stuff going on in the world then how can there be an all knowing god watching and controlling over everything. Plus all the scientific evidence relating to the theory of evolution and the creating of the planets and star systems....i am also a math science geek so that might have something to do with it. =P

I respect other religions i just believe that some religions are used mainly for excuses of war. Which is my only real problem with religion. I think you should be able to believe what you want and that's fine. But some religions are extorted for the purpose of war.
Back to top Go down
Bowl Is Forever

Bowl Is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:16 am

iDz Blitz wrote:
I, myself, am an atheist. I believe in the big bang and evolution.
I'm a Christian and I believe in the big bang theory in a sense also. I feel that the universe was created. I don't feel that it could have been created from nothing though, nothing can create nothing. The universe was created, which brought forth time, space, and matter. Every design has a designer, the universe has a highly complex design, therefore the universe had a designer. God obviously exists (to me) outside of space, time, and matter; therefore able to create (or design) the universe. Nothing can come from nothing, once again, but our definition of nothing is something that doesn't have time, space, or matter. Something was created from nothing, which must have been supernatural, therefore providing us with a supernatural God...Evolution is an interesting theory, but where pray tell did the first life form come from? The single cell amoeba contains DNA in which has more information than 30 sets of Encyclopedia Britannica, Just seems odd that it just appeared naturally. So, for the sake of arguement, I could agree with evolution (although I don't) but something supernatural would have had to create the first life form. Honestly, could you prove that something natural could create a life form that is so complicated? Think of the properties of nature, that would just push me in the direction of Supernatural once again.
iDz Blitz wrote:
I just think with all the stuff going on in the world then how can there be an all knowing god watching and controlling over everything.
I know that people would say, if there is a God, why would he let horrible things happen to good people? My answer to that is, we are here with free will and to make our own choices. We have gone through centuries of sinful nature going back as far as Adam and Eve. They failed, just like we do everyday in making good decisions. The problems in our society are deep rooted because we stray from God’s principles, even the most basic… Do unto others as you would have them do to you.
iDz Blitz wrote:
Plus all the scientific evidence relating to the theory of evolution and the creating of the planets and star systems....I am also a math science geek so that might have something to do with it. =P
There is plenty of scientific evidence stating the Bible is true and one thing Christians have that others don’t is eyewitnesses and authors of that time.
iDz Blitz wrote:
I respect other religions I just believe that some religions are used mainly for excuses of war. Which is my only real problem with religion.
I believe that there are all kinds of excuses for war; such as religion, territory control, and money. If religion causes war, it’s only because people are passionate about what they believe in. Is war right? I don’t know, I personally don’t believe in harming others for any reason other the self defense or protecting my family.
iDz Blitz wrote:
I think you should be able to believe what you want and that's fine. But some religions are extorted for the purpose of war.
Do you believe in absolute truth? Because if you did, you’d realize that we can’t both be right. I would just hate to see the ramifications if one or both of us are wrong. And my friend, i agree with you here, some religions are extorted. The way I look at it though is that People have extorted religion, not the other way around. We are all sinful by nature. But to me, that's the whole reason why Jesus came here. To bridge the gap of our sinful nature, that seperates us from God. Good points Blitz and remember, i'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm only trying to validate my beliefs.. This is a great debate, I hope others join in.
Back to top Go down
iDz Blitz

iDz Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:46 pm

I do believe in atheism, but i have also been reading and looking up things to do with the human mind, cause i get bored pretty easy. And here is what i have found.

There is this thing called the mental apocalypse. And it has already happened to everyone. The way that is goes is that everybody has a mind right and we only use 10% of our brain. Well there are some people who have been able to access a little bit more. There are certain monks deep in Asia who have been able to access 15% and can slowly slide a blade into there arm and pull it out but no blood runs out and the wound heals in a day, plus nothing was felt. This had some scientists wonder so they started to look more into the brain.

The theory is that every human has there own reality. Their own world. And everything is laid out for you, unless you mange to be able to change it, which is possible and has been done. But your body your whole world is in your head. You don't really exist only your brain does. Your brain is just an entity in the emptiness of nothing. And everything that has ever happened in your world is just a long dream that has been created by your mind. But you don't feel or notice it. For example, in my own world, bowl you exist but what you say and what you do, or for that matter what everybody and everything in the universe does, is because that is what my brain is telling it to do. Things that happen across the world happen because of what my mind has told it to do. Now bowl in your brain the same is happening this happens for everybody the exists. For all i know you don't even exist, you only do because my mind created you. I could be the only true human, or you and me could be in another persons brain.

However because we can only access 10% of our brain we can not do things like fly around in our world and do whatever we want because that takes a very advanced part of the brain. But these few monks that have accessed the extra 5% have been able to not bleed if concentrated hard enough.

And since everything is laid out for you, say you see a bus one day and because you so that bus you will win the lottery 5 years down the road. But maybe you didn't see that bus maybe instead you blinked and missed it. Then your brain has something else planned out for you, say you will win the lottery but i smaller prize. Your brain has everything planned out and second plans and third plans. There is an infinite amount of possibilities for everything to happen. And your brain has mapped everything out for you.

So back to the whole religion thing. If this is a true about the whole brain thing. Then a god would exist if you mind decided it. If you would believe in it hard enough like you do bowl then god exists in your world. If say someone else believe in...say the greek gods. Then they would exist in there own brain world. But in my head, god does not exist but you do and you believe in him. He doesn't exist. But only because this is my own world. But in yours, i don't believe in god but you, and since it is your world god does exist.

With the whole reason thought behind this theory is that the answer to why we are here. Is that truly we are not here. No one is. Nothing truly exists it is just in your head. There is no meaning to life, because no one is really alive. Not technically.

That's just the tip of the ice berg on the whole theory too, but i found it interesting. It is a bit dark and depressing but it is a way of looking at the whole universe on a different scale, a different view.
Back to top Go down
Bowl Is Forever

Bowl Is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 am

That is an interesting theory, do you have any resources for it. If so, can you put them up here, in case anyone is interested. I would also like to be able to understand the corellation between events that everyone are aware of and how we can all share in events. I mean, basically you're saying that your mind made me up, who's to say that my mind hasn't made you up? If that's the case then everything in my world wouldn't oppose my views. Unless of course that's out of my hands, if it is out of my hands, then whose hands are in controll?
Back to top Go down
Bowl Is Forever

Bowl Is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 9:14 am

Bowl Is Forever wrote:
iDz Blitz wrote:
I just think with all the stuff going on in the world then how can there be an all knowing god watching and controlling over everything.
I know that people would say, if there is a God, why would he let horrible things happen to good people? My answer to that is, we are here with free will and to make our own choices. We have gone through centuries of sinful nature going back as far as Adam and Eve. They failed, just like we do everyday in making good decisions. The problems in our society are deep rooted because we stray from God’s principles, even the most basic… Do unto others as you would have them do to you.To add to this, how can we identify evil and bad without having something represent what is righteous and good. To have evil defends my belief in having a Holy entity.
Back to top Go down
iDz Blitz

iDz Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Now the first thing i ever read that got me into this whole idea, was a book written by a Canadian author Scott Bakker.
I found a website that describes the whole theory and philosophy behind it. And Scoot Bakker himself, the man who researched the theory, comments on it. Now it is fairly lengthy so i don't subject reading it in the 5 minutes before work. But here is the link...

http://www.shaviro.com/Blog/?p=698
Back to top Go down
Bowl Is Forever

Bowl Is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:02 pm

I will read this this weekend. Thanks
Back to top Go down
iDz Blitz

iDz Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Yea no problem. It's pretty interesting. The book itself is a fictional story but all the science behind it and everything is real fact that has been researched. I loved the book personal, i have read it and re-read it a few times. It is a good book. If you are curious it is called Neuropath (it mentions it on the page but in case you are interested and haven't looked at the page yet). I just find it very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Brutality

Brutality

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:26 pm

eh, I am Agnostic, which i believe branches off atheism for the fact that, I don't believe in god but, i don't really know if he exists. and I believe in science more. It makes way more sense to me and has more evidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three major types of Religion, where are you?   Three major types of Religion, where are you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three major types of Religion, where are you?
Page 1 of 1